Check out this cool new vendor in tonight’s Pinch of Salt warehouse. Walking Tree makes custom organic soaps that are 100% biodegradable, decorative/utility wall planters and other cool fixtures like this one out of Mason jars, glass, metal and woods. Walking Tree: cultivating hope in the hearts of the people.
While you’re at Honolulu Night Market, don’t forget to stop by ii gallery at 687 Auahi Street to view “A Small Area of Land (Kaka‘ako Earth Room).” This prismatic sculpture by Sean Connelly, a self-described interdisciplinary designer, is his first solo exhibition and will be at ii gallery through April 27th. Comprising 32,000 pounds of soil and sand extracted from areas of Oahu including Waimanalo, Waianae and Mililani, Connelly’s is a gigantic work that measures 7 feet high, 9 feet long and 4 feet wide. To find out more about the meaning and process behind “A Small Area of Land (Kaka‘ako Earth Room),” check out Flux Hawaii’s write-up here.
Got ART Cards? Then you’ve got access to great discounts from food vendors at tonight’s Honolulu Night Market. Cash in on these savings by forking over just one of your ART cards, including:
– $2.50 off a Petite Suisse Crepe; choose from Dream: nutella, strawberry, banana, Caprese: mozzarella, tomato and basil oil or Greek: feta, spinach, sundried tomato
– Buy one Aloha Pop, get $1 off the second pop. Flavors include: Ichigo daifuku, Green Tea, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Pineapple Li Hing, POG, Green River, Blue Vanilla
– Buy two waffle cakes at Whatcha Fillin’ ($6 each) and get one free – choose from “Steak Me Home” waffle cake – slices of steak with home-made pesto sauce, “Mint Condition” waffle cake – mint custard cream with chocolate chips, and the “French Kiss” waffle cake – ham, gruyere cheese, caramelized onions, and mayo
– Buy all three menu items at Blue Teppanyaki and get $3 off total – items include a bacon wrap, chicken breast wrap and ribeye roll
– Buy one large bag of popcorn at Island Popper and get a small bag FREE
– Buy two scoops of Il Gelato and get a FREE waffle cone
– At Simply Ono, receive a FREE Triple Chocolate Mousse or Red Velvet Teaser
– A FREE brownie dessert at Miso & Ale
– A mini yakisoba at Okonomi Grinds
Mono (pronounced mo-no) is a new gift boutique that will open on King Street at the end of the month, but they are coming first to the Honolulu Night Market! Check out the gift shop’s pop-up shop in the Pinch of Salt warehouse for small design goods to improve your home, office and lifestyle. Support local + new businesses today from 6-11 pm!
Since 2010 on Kauai, See that Fly has recycled more than 6,000 t-shirts and turned them into popular bags that work for carrying groceries or at the farmers market as a beach bag or work carryall. Each shirt used on the interior is different, dyed and then new prints from local artists are silk screened on the outside, resulting in a one-of-a-kind product. See that Fly will be sharing a booth at the night market with one of their featured local artists from Kauai, Michi, whose mermaid print adorns one of the line’s top-selling bags. Recently See that Fly added dresses to their line — cute & comfortable, they are the perfect beach dress.